Collecting and using personal information: Thank you for your interest in Unk's Place and we look forward to working with you to save foster children. Our website is not set up to collect personal information unless you provide us that information voluntarily. Any non-public information that you give us will be solely used for the purpose stated on the page where it is collected. In some cases and in all cases where required by law or regulation, you will be able to update the information that you provide to us either by sending us an email or, where you have established personal profiles with us, by updating your profile online. Please refer to the specific page(s) where data is collected for more information. Unk's Place will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of Unk's Place unless (a) expressly authorized by you, (b) necessary to enable Unk's Place contractors or agents to perform certain functions for us, or (c) required or permitted by law. In all cases, we will disclose the information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided. By "personal information," we mean data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, email address, or telephone number. From time to time, we may request personal information from you to deliver requested materials to you, respond to your questions, or deliver a product or service.
Use caution when sending emails: Although we love hearing from you, please keep in mind that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet email communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. If you wish, you may contact us via phone or in person.
Other linked sites: Unk's Place may have links in various places on our website to other websites not owned, controlled or affiliated with Unk's Place. These other websites are provided as a courtesy but Unk's Place cannot be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various other websites do not constitute referrals or recommendations nor imply endorsement of these other entities or websites, their products, services or any material contained on them.
Security: Unk's Place adopts and adheres to stringent security standards designed to protect non-public personal information at Unk's Place against accidental or unauthorized access or disclosure. Among the safeguards that Unk's Place has developed for this site are administrative, physical and technical barriers that together form a protective firewall around the information stored at this site.
Privacy Statement update: 09-24-2018
Unk's Place collects and maintains the following types of donor information:
- Contact information: name, organization, complete address, phone number, email address.
- Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information.
- Shipping information: name, complete address.
- Requests receive periodic updates; e.g., to individuals who request it, we will send periodic mailings and/or emails related to specific fundraising appeals, and newsletters.
- Unk's Place uses your information to complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, and update you on the events associated with Unk's Place. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes.
- Unk's Place will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations which is consistent with our Statement of Privacy.
- We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Unk's Place.
Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list. Your email request and subsequent confirmation is a mechanism to have your address removed from our contact list.